ACC 2009 – Update #2
GUESS WHO WON AANCE??!!!??
ROBBBBBBB! OUR ROB!
The way Marion announced it, ” THE Best Novice Male Dancer in The Nation is …… ROB JACKSON!!”
Awesome! So Rob stood up there on that stage, in front of that marvelous ginormous backdrop, and received his winner’s jacket and tickets to every single AANCE event this year. YAY ROB! So proud of him.
The female winner is wonderful, funny, beautiful, smart, sexy Amy Carter, who drove us to the grocery store. We actually drove in the same car with the winner of AANCE. Whoa.
And guess who won the Novice Strictly?
ROB AND ROBIN! hahahahahahahaha Can you beat THAT?!? Did DC represent, or WHAT? So cool, so so cool.
And Robin placed 3rd in AANCE! The 3rd best female Novice dancer in the country! Pretty daggone great!
In AANCE Intermediate, Katy Slater and Demery Strickland won, and Katy Slater and Clint won the Strictly.
- Felix Hernandez and Maria Cirino
- Haider and Heather (GAWD I love this routine, and love love her dancing!)
- ...and the winner is … Orion and Rebecca! They NAILED their routine! Without a doubt the very best we’ve ever see them do it.
- Michael and Jen
- Christopher and Katrina
- Matt Auclair and Sophy! – great routine – she looked terrific
- Jason and Erica
- Benji and Kellese
- Trent Haynes and Debbie Figueroa
- Jake and Taletha (lotta lotta mistakes, shame)
- Brian Jordan and Laura Christopherson
- Sebastien and Blandine (they have been since Thursday without their luggage – the airline says sorry they have no idea where the suitcases are, maybe Paris, maybe Canada – no idea – so they had to cobble together a costume which got caught on his sleeve during the routine, and she wears a size 5 shoe so had to borrow a size 6 from someone. Makeup from me. I feel sorry for them – they were scared to death and made a lot of mistakes. Really darling sweet couple).
- Damon and Lisa (Um, wow. Wow not in a good way. No comment since I have no idea what was going on there.)
WSDC JJ finals:
- Chelsea Rodgers
- Crystal Auclair (what a sweetheart, with the all-tiime cutest daughter in history)
- Darla Shrum
- Heather Blue
- Jamie Callahan
- Michelle Haynes
- 1st alt – Kelly Faust
- 2nd alt – Tori Ellington (she has the best hair in the swing-dance world)
- Bryan Spivey
- Kyle Patel
- Trey Ellington (Tori’s brother – they’re both adorable, but he has normal hair)
- Chip DeStefano
- Joel Gorman
- Kris Sweringen
- Michael Stephens (with whom I am doing the Masters Strictly tomorrow)
- 1st alt – Blaise Tamo
- Amy Carter
- oops didn’t write down the rest
- Abby Wood
- Christina DeMeola
- Maria Vassilieva
- Renee Lipman
- Benjamin Plante
- Graham Fox (all the way from Scotland! I love this guy but I can’t understand a word he says)
- JB Brodie
- Kelly Strouse
- Mike Rosa
Heather made chocolate-cake shooters in her room again, same as last week in Boston, and I FORGOT TO GO aughghgh AUGHGHGH!! Dag NABBIT. We’ve been talking about chocolate shooters for an entire week and a half and I FORGOT TO GO. Dang! They’re good, too. REallllllly good.
Very full day. More tomorrow!