Capital 2012 Update #6
I’m TIRED! But before I fade away tonight I want to tell you about last night’s routines …
Two Sophisticated, saw them both at the Open, both great:
- Scott Mason (That would be Mr. Laureen UFO Throw-An-Asian Baldovi Mason) and Dawne Kiehm, “Be Myself Again” (Eric Benet,) an adorable quick snappy piece, Dawne and her cute perfectly tan, perfectly buff hard-body in a bikini top of sparkly royal-blue tassels in front and a couple of transparent straps in back.
- And Jeffrey Munson and Susan Brown in a speeded-up version of “Be Back Soon” (Justin Nozuka) and this routine moves, feels fast and looks difficult – lot of spins, barrel rolls, pivots, dips … lot of movement. They nailed it!
- Steven Guido and Hanna Clonch, “Can’t Turn You Loose” (Etta James), and wow does this move! Never stops for a moment till that last breath at the end. Back-bends, flips, lifts, dips, up and down, across the floor to every corner … all FUNKY FUNKY. These two are adorable.
- Brendan and Madison, “Into The Night” (Santana), those loooooong legs of hers, long blonde hair, and Brendan’s so handsome – they’re a beautiful couple.
- Chris and Nicole, great song: “Disappear” (Gabe Dixon Band), WOW! We got choked up at the Open, choked up again here. This is SO romantic and SO beautiful! What choreography! It’s rich, not a moment empty, even the still moments are full. And the shapes! The routine is like a series of beautiful shapes, each one filled with tension and movement-about-to-happen: angles, round shapes, up high down low, long leans waaaay out there holding on by just a hand; accelerations and decelerations; sudden stops; intentional blank spaces, emotion, commitment … They live this piece. … Another gorgeous routine from these two, just as gorgeous as last year’s in an entirely new and different way. Beautiful, just beautiful!
- Cameron and Amanda, “For What It’s Worth” (Tab Benoit) and “Crossroads” … Spins on steroids! This girl can SPIN. Fast! Another routine that travels the entire floor.
Four Juniors, all four of which we saw at the Open:
You know what, I’m too tired to finish, and there are still TWELVE Classic routines to tell you about! Really really really really good … I loved Classic! Missed Jordan and Tat and Kyle and Sarah – it was already good and the addition of these routines would have put the night off-the-charts crazy ridiculous great, unforgettable. But. Even without those routines Classic was fabulous!
Okay, that’s it for me I’m falling asleep in between words here.